Thursday, February 5, 2009

What's in a name?

I don't have any new pictures to share, because I have lost my camera. I'm a bit ashamed to write it, but I'm regretting it. The last time I used it was at Neil's basketball game, so it is somewhere between that middle school and home. I have scoured the house, though, and am still coming up short. The frustrating part is that with the baby's birth coming up....AHHH!!
Anyway, that wasn't exactly why I was posting this. I wanted to actually get input. I know this might sound odd especially for our family. We normally hate divulging name ideas. I am putting this online hoping to avoid things like "Well, I knew this one girl with that name and I didn't like her", or "I once had a dog named that". I'm stuck between a couple names that I really like and cannot decide between. Another lady in my ward wants to use the exact same name that is in my choices. I think it is funny because it is both first and middle name. I'm due first, so, would that be mean if I took it? I still don't know which one to use, so this is why I'm asking your help. Feel free to answer the poll to the left. Love you all!

11 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

I don't think it should matter it is not like you all are related-maybe just let her know that you are still going to name your child what you are going to name her and that you aren't doing it to spite her but that you really like the name and that you don't care if she names her child the same name...that is what I would do.

DownhillMike said...

Those are some very interesting and pretty names. I think Evelyn and Lilian are probably the best in my opinion. We'll love whatever name she has!

Leigh said...

You cant do Lillian!!! Ah! I have always wanted that name! Haha, jk, you can have it if you want. It will be a long while til I get a chance. Haha

Twisted Sweeties said...

Leigh, this way, it would just be your favorite niece. First come, first served, right? Just kidding. We love you, and will be thinking of you if we use it.

Downhill Mike said...

Just think, if Leigh uses it too, she could be know as Li'l Lil!

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

I am cracking up that you did a poll that is so awesome! Best way to do it then you don't hear comments :) I love them all! I am partial to Lillian and Sadie but I voted for Lillian. We already have a Lily niece and it is such a great name, and I love Lillian. My second vote would be Sadie.

Dad said...

Lillian is a family name, so that's where my vote goes!! That's the excuse you can give to your ward member . . . the name is already in your family . . . HA!! I feel badly about the loss of your camera . . . it happens frequently in our family, as well. I think we buy a new camera every year!!

quintus said...

Shaniqua was soooo tempting, but in case you're takin' it seriously... ;-)

cabeandmelplus3 said...

I don't think that it would be mean at all if you used the name! I say if you have the baby first and you use the name first....firat come firstr serve!!lol. No seruously I think that if the name you really like and you feel like your baby is that name then I say use it! Reguardless if someone is using the same name!...After all it is your baby!! Good luck I have a niece named Lllian (lily) and I have a niece Olivia love those names they are beautiful!
p.s. Shaniqua..is that for real?..lol

Woodland Family said...

I like Evelyn... but I like all of them. Shaniqua I am partial to because it make me think of St. Louis. There are a bunch of Sadie's out here. Three little girls in our tiny ward.
Funny... I wastrying to decide between Claire and Mia and I shared a recovery room with someone in my ward in AZ. I asked what she was naming her baby girl and she said Claire. HA! That is why Mia is Mia Claire. That same year a girl I graduated school with named her daughter Claire too. I am glad that I knew what the lady in my ward was naming hers, or we could have blessed babies with the same name on the same day.
*no joke.. my word verification is lillybrat

Tygards said...

I call you name her emma... i think it would go along with the rest of your girls' names. i think emma came up in conversation with you at least once, and i got the impression you didn't like it. i say you snag the name while you can before the other lady does. does she know that you are thinking of using the same name?