Thursday, February 12, 2009

Funny kids


I wanted to write this out so I didn't forget it, but Isabel is learning all about naughty words at our house. Abby learned "God" and taught it to Isabel, so we've been having the naughty word conversation. They also like to say "na na na na na", you know, that teasing sing-song thing? Well, that is forbidden at my house. The girls are only being mean when they do it, so it isn't allowed. They will both try new phrases of that, so it isn't exactly the same, but anyone listening will still know what they are doing. They also love to tattle on each other. That's new for siblings isn't it? To put it shortly; they are learning how to get around naughty words.

This is what is funny, though. Isabel in trying to learn ways around getting in trouble, she will ask, "Well, can I say ________?" She will commonly ask, "Well, can I say Holy Cow?" I will answer yes, to that she will say "Holy Cow! Holy Cow! Holy Cow!" She just asked me a great one; "Mom, can I say, What?" (yes, what) I tell her yes, and then she says "Yay! What! What! What!" So, if Isabel ever says "What" to you, she could be cussing you out, and you wouldn't even know.

2 comments:

grandma nina said...

s a lot loke the friends episode where monica and ross try to flip each other off by banging their fists together. Alli and leigh used to call people Bonk heads.

Lisa said...

That is hilarious! And don't feel too bad - I swear Kirk learned to cuss when he was 18 months old. . . and Sara would too if she actually cared to talk. The naughty words we have heard from Kirk's mouth in church. . . Aarg!