Thursday, January 15, 2009

New goings on


We haven't been too exciting around here, but I thought it was time to add a new post. I love reading all of yours, so I guess I better put up my own. Here is Isabel, the girliest of the two. I know I have other post where she is dressing up, but here is yet another one of her princess poses. If only she'd let me fix her hair more often, or at least keep the elastics and barrettes in for more than an hour. We lose many at church. We are currently "trying" to potty train, but her only interest in going seems to be when we are trying to put her in bed. This is how she stays up.



Abby is being very sensitive right now. Her favorite thing to carry around is a big, plush towel that we have. I'm not joking, she will use it to dry off, and then she will use it as a blanket, and then continue to carry it around in the morning. She gets disapointed when I wash it. She is also going through a "death" stage. I think all kids go through this stage, but she is really worried about death. She has nightmares about it, and she will come in to our room asking help from Neil to say prayers to keep her safe. It is really sad, and I don't know what to do for her. We tried to tell her about Heaven and being an eternal family, but then she cries about not wanting to leave her home. As if it is going to happen tomorrow. ???
Now I feel like a little complaining of my own. First of all, I realize that I am very fortunate in being able to have my own kids, so there is no disrespect intended for those of you that cannot. I just wanted to get that out before I go on my own rant session. I'm at the stage of pregnancy where you are ready to be done, yes I know that baby is better off where she is, but I'm ready for her to be out. (I'm also looking for comments for support) Have any of you looked forward to the sleepless nights when the baby comes, just to get away from the sleepless nights before the baby comes? Whenever I lay down, I have acid reflux that acts up, and it is awful. I think I'm past most of the heartburn, but I have to deal with the unexpected vomiting. But forget about getting out of bed to take care of it-due to leg and back pain. It takes me at least thirty seconds to even roll over, let alone getting out of bed. How about sneezes or coughs? I was so embarrassed over this when I was pregnant with Abby, but now I have come to realize, this is just how it goes. I have to flex every muscle in my body and cross my legs just to keep from peeing my pants. What is that about?! Now comes my favorite part. I went in to my doctor this past week and I weighed in about 40 pounds heavier than when I began. I realize most women only gain 35 pounds with their babies. With Abby I gained over 75 (water weight was involved), and with Isabel, I believe it was close to 60. So needless to say that 40 pounds right now is not really my priority. When my doctor asked what I was doing about my weight, I just laughed at him. I wanted to say it was due to the acne outbreak in my face.

8 comments:

shannen said...

Here's my best effort at support... Pregnancy is wonderful and oddly enough I miss it, at least parts of it. However, I know exactly the stage you are at and it is pure misery. The acid reflux, sleepless nights, constant discomfort...the whole nine yards. Do you know the first response I had after Josh was born? My very first words as this beautiful new life entered the world was "YAY! I'm not pregnant anymore!". Sad, but true. I think the last little bit has to be miserable because it makes you more willing to deal with labor and life with a newborn. I wish you the best as you go through all the last trimester misery! I could tell you that it all gets better and it's all worth it in the end and so on, but you've been there and done that and you already know all that - so instead I'm going to say go ahead and vent when you need to because it's hard growing a new life and you'll go crazy if you don't!

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Oh maggie you crack me up! I know it is so funny how you long for the baby to come, but you somehow forget how crazy it is having them here!! I know that when I have my babies my body has so had it and I am sore everywhere and I can't wait for it to all end. Then you have them and they are the sweetest little things ever and you forget about all the achs and pains...and soon that will be you! I know that the end of pregnancy is the worst, but look what you get! Hope you feel better and that everything is going good for you! I would love to get together soon! I will give you a call when we are all healthy!!!

Katie said...

You sound so much like me! I am the same way, I hate to complain because I know there are a lot of people out there who want to have children but can't.... but it doesn't mean that you're not miserable in the end! It was such a relief after Isaac was born! I could eat, sleep, move, I didn't hurt everywhere, and I could hug my husband without being 2 feet away from him! It's really hard to wait for them to get here because of that... and I am not one of those people who has their babies early. Several people who were due after me had their babies first, so that was frustrating, too! Hang in there, when she's born she'll grow up way too fast!

Jennifer Lyn said...

Your girls are so cute. We need to get our girls together again! And you have every right to vent. Being pregnant is hard. I have often told Kevin that having a family is the 'right' thing to do, but it doesn't make the process any easier. Hang in there. I have some of the same symptoms. No fun! Thank goodness we are not prego forever. Good luck in the next few weeks.

Erin said...

I feel for you! I never liked being pregnant. This last one was the hardest. I felt like the lack of sleep in the last trimester was good prep for when the baby came. I was just thankful that it was minus the reflux, the heaviness, and all other symptoms. I'd get up, feed the baby, and we'd go back to sleep. It will get better! We miss you guys!

Ty and Em said...

Oh Maggs... it's true. Pregnancy is super hard. I'm sorry you are so uncomfortable. Whenever my friends are pregnant for the first time and they are only two to five months along, complaining of feeling sick and tired, all I want to say is, "wait until the end. It gets so much worse." Haha.

FEELING FAT (I gained 60 with Jack, so you are NOT alone)

FEELING UGLY (I had no neck),

NO SLEEPING (I slept with my head at the foot of the bed my entire pregnancy, for some reason)

THROWING UP (no I am not hung-over drunk, as I'm barfing on the side of the road at night)

HEART BURN (tums were my cocaine)

MOODY (i think i cried every day, like when we ran out of peanut butter)

Not seeing your vagina for the last 4 months due to the huge tummy that is sticking out so far, you rarely know what shoes you have on.

To say the least, I feel sorry for you, I empathize with you, and I hope the end comes safely and soon! All I have to say is that a good pint of Ben and Jerrys never hurt anyone. I think with all the crap women have to endure to get these sweet little babies, you eat what you want, say what you want, do what you want. You deserve it.

Lisa said...

Poor Maggie! I'm so sorry! I hope the time passes quickly. And I totally am going through the whole death thing with Kirk. His great grandma died this summer and he CONSTANTLY talks about her. He is over the fear of death - we had to deal with that when Grandma died - so I'm sorry! Wish we could hang out! We could really use an out right now!

Jenna said...

Pregnancy is tough, but I would rather be pregnant than deal with a newborn. Only because of my own insecurities. I'm pretty hard on myself with newborns! But the end is so tough, I definitely feel for you! Hang in there!