Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day! Would you all like to know what a sweet husband I have? This is the breakfast that he made for me. If the picture isn't clear, everything was cut into hearts. The strawberries are specifically impressive. I'm sure most of you are thinking, "Oh, how sweet!" If not for the fact that he is making fun of me when doing this. He loves to watch me squirm. Don't get me wrong, the breakfast was really nice, and the other pictures will show that he really is a great guy, but the above pic is just him thinking he is funny. In mine own opinion, Valentine's Day is incredibly insincere. If you think Christmas is too commercialized, then what is this? At least at Christmas, people want to give gifts for good reasons. V-Day just seems to play on women's whims of the impractical. For those of you reading that actually like Valentine's Day, please don't get offended. Like I said, it is only my opinion, and really, what does that matter to anyone? Dislike of the holiday doesn't however mean I am a total romantic loss; my idea of romance is just a little more spontaneous. To me, there is nothing more romantic than a surprise gift or show of affection. I will suffer to celebrate the day for my girls. I think they enjoy any chance to celebrate any holiday. We will often decorate sugar cookies for the day, but I think more because I like to put red hots on my cookies, and this just seems to be the perfect time of year to do so.
That being said, and off my chest, here is how the rest of our day went. This is the meal that Neil made (yes, he made breakfast AND dinner!), and I'm not sure if it was just to be nice or maybe I am depriving him of celebrating a favorite holiday, so this is how he repays me. It was awesome! Neil really is a good cook, and knows how to take care of me. This is a kabob spin-off, with roasted veggies, grilled steak, chicken, sausage, and pineapple. Yum! It was a total feast. If you think this is impressive, you should have seen the spread that he made for the superbowl.
Here, we have the strawberries that I dipped. Now, don't let their ordinary appearances fool you. Before being dipped in chocolate, I stuffed them with whipped cream and cream cheese. Very, very good. I've been experimenting with my baking, trying to find new things that I like. Maybe someday I can make money doing something I like.

This picture made me laugh. Neil took Abby to the movie Coraline today. Apparently she liked the movie. It was in 3-D, and that is the story behind the glasses. She is frowning only because she didn't want her picture taken, and she was honestly mad about it. That is our day, hope yours was good, too.




2 comments:

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Oh so cute! you crack me up about the whole valentine's day thing! I love all the food! So great! Hope you are doing good!!

Molly said...

Ha ha ha I cannot agree more about V-Day being so lame. it is an over commercialized holiday to make money for the stores. Plus, who cares? I just want to go buy oodles of conversation hearts AFTER v-day so I can get em discounted. lol.