Thursday, April 10, 2008

Seemingly everyones second choice

Okay, so something you may not know about me... I have tons of useless movie knowledge. I can usually pick out actors in several movies that they play in. I also often check out the imdb pages for different movies. Anyway, I just watched Enchanted with the girls today. It was cute, but I have a question. Does anyone remember James Marsden? Here is a small resume. Of course, Enchanted (Edward), X-men (Cyclops), Notebook (guy # 2 name I don't know); Superman (name also unknown by me). Am I the only one who notices that he usually plays the leading girls second choice. Man, wouldn't that stink to be continually cast as the one that is settled for? I'm sure he has been in other movies, but the only ones that I have seen are where he gets rejected. Sorry, I would have posted a pick, but I still have to learn how to work most of this computer stuff. Just found it funny and wanted to share.

7 comments:

Phil G. said...

Thats funny. It must be a family trait. I can do that too (Sonya most definitely can). Maybe not with that guy but most other things. Taylor will say that somebody is in movies and I will correct him. He will disagree with me till we look it up on imdb... and of course I'm right 90% of the time. But ask us anything on any other subject and Taylor will know the answer, even if he's pulling it out of his buttocks.

Brooke said...

Hey Maggie! I just found your blog off someone else's! We've got one too....yours is really cute!!

I haven't seen Enchanted yet, is it on DVD already?

Jesmyluk said...

I am just like that Maggie i know all sorts of useless stuff about movies and TV old and new. Its the reason P.D. won't play trivia games with me anymore, unless he's on my team. I always win. Its amazing to me how many useless things I know. I love the IMDB. I go there everyday.

Lisa said...

OK Maggie- you have WAY too much memory! All that trivial stuff I knew vanished when I had kids! :)

Woodland Family said...

Mag.. you know it is a family thing. I'm not real sure of a super power... or just proof that we waste too much time. So... I have a challenge for you. Rich and I were having a discussion about one actor in particular. It is you r challenge to determine this actor.
It started with the child actor on Big. The one that played Tom Hanks as a kid. Rich thought it was the same actor that has been in a lot of stuff. I did not think so. I was right... the kid has acted and was even engaged to Kerry Washington(?!). But can you think of an actor that looks like him that has been in many movies? Good luck!

Neil Sharp said...

I thought the kid in Big looked like the kid from "Newsies" but turns out, it IS the same kid, David Moscow.

Malie said...

It's just like that guy from Jurrasic Park (who's in all three movies, sorry can't remember his name), but he always plays a scientist. Not sure why.