Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Kite Flying in between sessions



Since I used a song title for my last blog, I was incredibly tempted to use
the song from Mary Poppins. Instead I have chosen to instill the song in each of your minds. Because, I know that everyone of you reading this post is now sing "Lets Go Fly a Kite" in their own heads. haha! So, it was really hard to get a shot with both the kite and the girls. I was hoping to get the kite for Isabel's birthday, but Isabel was the one to show the least interest. We had a hard time getting her Mickey Mouse up, and so she got bored. Abby's kite was great. It got up quickly and she managed to keep it up really well. Right now, Isabel loves Mickey Mouse. I had to mention Isabel's kite, because she loves to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse all the time (Of course this is in between watching Max and Ruby, that is still both of their favorites). The thing I find odd about Mickey, is her favorite character. We've all grown up Disney, so there are a lot of fun characters to choose from. Some like Mickey or Minnie, then there's Donald, Goofy, etc. Who chooses "Pete" as their favorite? Does anyone even know who Pete is? In all of the cartoons, he is usually the bad guy. Big guy, Goofy's friend, is supposed to resemble a cat? Isabel loves him. If he shows up on the tv, she jumps up and runs over to the tv yelling his name, "Pete, Pete"!! Too bad, I can't buy her a Pete doll. At least she's unique. In our house, we teach them early about nonconforming.

6 comments:

Phil G. said...

Pete? Thats hilarious. She must know something that we don't. Maybe he reminds her of Neil....ha that was a good burn huh? Im boring myself.

Crazed said...

Phil is full of good burns! HA! I do love the fact that she likes Pete. It's great... someone has too.
Just watch out for who she ends up dating in the future. That perspective makes me worry!

Neil Sharp said...

What's wrong with looking like Pete? He's tall and strong and cuddley like a cat. Or is it because we're both fat? I guess that's it, lets burn Neil because he's fat and nobody really likes him. I see. At least I know where everyone stands. Good burn.

I glad I can count on Isabel to not judge me for the size of my waist. I guess all my insecurities are now confirmed.

Erin said...

I just wanted to comment on the nightmares blog, but didn't know if you look back at the old comments. Sarah wakes up with vivid bad dreams. I've asked the doctor about it and it's normal. I had the same problem growing up and still do. I just have to remind her that dreams are not real and that she is safe. She tries to remember in her prayers to ask for good dreams. She has them only about once a month now. I've heard other kids suffer from night terrors. Don't know much about those, but you can talk to the doctor about it. :)

bataclan2002 said...

That's so funny about Isabel liking Pete! Our 4-year old loves all the Disney villains. As soon as he sees a new movie he asks, "who is the bad guy?" I found this blog because I googled "Mickey Mouse Pete doll" for him.
Very interesting!

Unknown said...

I googled Mickey Mouse Pete Doll as well and this is where i ended up! Anyone ever have any luck finding one?? Please let me know, thanks!