Friday, March 21, 2008

Preparing for Easter


Does anyone else feel as if it is too early to be celebrating Easter? Didn't we all just have our corned beef and cabbage (or green eggs and ham) and all things green? We won't even have a full weekend in between St. Patty's and Easter. On the other hand, we aren't Irish and don't really celebrate St. Patricks. I don't even think I dressed myself or my girls in green this year. I remember in elementary school trying to wear as little green as possible, just so I could pinch the first person who tried to pinch me. I always wondered if there were universal rules when it came to the pinching that goes on that day. Those were the days, right? I am actually looking forward to it. Yes, I'm glad to be "reflecting" on the reason to be celebrating. But I have to say, that this is the best candy of the year. They only sell it once a year, and I always feel that I have to stock up. This year, I think I am trying to cut back. I'm trying to tell myself that we don't need any more cadbury eggs or chocolate marshmallows. The sad part is that I'm only saying this now, knowing that I am going to get the clearance cadbury eggs and such the day after Easter. Such is my will power.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Maggie - I totally agree with you!! Easter came too early! But we sure had fun. I did remember to dress my kids in green, but nothing out of the ordinary - just clothes they already had that were green. Oh well.

Woodland Family said...

Way too early... It is still snowing in St. Louis! That just means pretty Easter dresses have to be covered in heavy Winter coats... which at this point are really dirty. All in all Easter is just not as pretty. Oh, well! I love your photo, though!!

Phil G. said...

I didn't even know it was st. patricks day. It just came and went without me realizing. I did however know about easter, but only a day before. It was nice mom made ham.