Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Poor, poor Utah

I think Neil and I were not thinking too clearly when we thought that we could handle Utah. I hate being so judgemental or critical, but seriously?! Utah, is this really all you have to offer, that you design a corn maze off of this dude? I wonder what type of royalties they had to pay his dad. When I thought I could stomach the "CTR" graffitti (no joke, people put cups above a bridge that spelled CTR), this is too much for me. Please, people, get a life. For those of you that are Archuleta fans, sorry, just blame it on my pregnancy hormones. It is making me mean. ha!

I posted this, because Neil and I took the girls to a corn maze for my birthday. Not this one, but still a classic Utah event. We forgot to take our camera into the maze, and were too cold to go back and get it. Growing up in snow, it is still hard to get used to cold weather in October after living in Phoenix for 6 years. Oh well, it has been really nice on our power bill, we'll just see if that stays the same when we have to turn the heater on. The girls had fun in the maze, other than the fact, Abby hated her winter clothes. For those of you that know her, that shouldn't be surprising. She can't handle tags in her clothes, or having her clothes slightly wet with a little sand. She is very finicky. Isabel just wanted to be held the entire time, but kept yelling at the corn. "Hi, Corn!" Thanks for the birthday wishes, but especially for not making fun of my horrible picture. Thanks, Neil.

4 comments:

shannen said...

HA HA HA!!! You are stronger than me - I really don't think I could handle living in Utah! It would be fun for a little while I think, experiencing a new culture and all, but the weirdness would really get to me eventually. Either that or it would start to be less weird after a while and that's an even scarier thought! CTR graffiti? sheesh!

Neil Sharp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa said...

That is hilarious!!! I have to say, at least life isn't as miserable as when we were in college. . . man, those were the good days!!!

Jesmyluk said...

Ha Ha Archuleta for President!?!? Its nice to know Utah hasn't changedmuch since PD and I lived there. Although i am jealous that you get to enjoy all 4 seasons.

As for your picture...well I have to say Maggie, if I looked half as good as you in pictures, I would want my picture taken on a regular basis. Not all of us can be beautiful even when making a silly face. ;0) Hope your birthday was spectacular!!! Miss you girl.