Thursday, October 16, 2008

Halloween Treats


I know I've been doing a lot of posts lately. Sorry. I guess it is better than only making one every few months. Today, I thought I would make "special" cupcakes with the girls, and they were so funny, I didn't want to forget the things they did. First comes the baking of the cupcakes. The girls then fight over who gets which beater to lick, and then try to convince me to give in to letting them have the bowl and spatula (they both ended up with brown goaties). I totally remember being envious of the spatula. My mom would bake something, and with so many kids, there were only two beaters to hand out, then came the spatula, then the bowl. I would always opt for the bowl, thinking that had the most, but I remember watching my mom scoop out what she could with the spatula.
Next came the decorating, but only so much went on the cakes. They tried to sneak every piece of sugar they possibly could. If I caught them, they thought I was the mean one. I also had to post a pic that showed the little finger prints on the rest of the cupcakes.
I guess I just had to show off the domestic diva in me. Which is really non-existent. Only very rarely will I bake, but that is about it.

3 comments:

Sarah Roberts said...

looks delicious Tam:)

Lisa said...

I love that you post more often! And your cupcakes are darling! Kirk loves the beaters too, but with only him, he gets to choose who he shares the other with! :) Soone he'll get a wakeup call when Sara wants one too!

The Bluths said...

Super cute cupcakes! How did you get such neon green frosting?