Monday, June 30, 2008

Bye bye pacifier, sort of and hopefully.


So here is my cute family. I think everyone is familiar with my girls, but in this picture I also have my sister's kids (minus one). By the way, I miss you already, and am so glad that you came. Abby and Isabel have been asking non stop for their "friends".
Today is the day that we are getting rid of the pacifier for good! We kind of got rid of it back in AZ, but during the move we kind of went back to it. So, today, we finally cut off the top and she won't get it for bed time or even naps. Okay, stressful for me. I know they are bad for the teeth, and it isn't as if I want her to have it. I just don't have the heart to take it away. I think I am being a tough mom when I tell her that she can only have it when she goes to bed, but I am also a wimp and can't handle the crying and screaming, and whining, and hitting and grouchiness. I also try to tell myself that all or most children go through this, but it isn't helping. I hate the pacifier!! I remember when it was Abby that I told myself that Isabel would be off of hers by 6 months old. Okay, obviously that didn't work. Isabel is even more attatched than Abby ever was. She would prefer the pacifier to me any day. Any good mothering ideas are welcome, just not the ones that tell me that I am a bad mom because she isn't already off of it. Yes, I know she is 26+ months old!! I'm trying!! My goal for the end of the day, is not to stop at Walmart and get a new one.

3 comments:

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Hey Maggie where are you guys living? We should get together sometime. As for the binki I totally know what you are going through, we had the hardest time when we had to take it from Kenason, we finally told her that the binki fairy needed it for the new babies they don't have enough and we need to put it on the tree, so the fairy can get it and if you do the fairy will leave you a present, so we did it and my hubby had a present under the tree the next morning and Kenason was so excited.I couldn't believe it actually worked she only cried for about 5min and she was over it. Anyway good luck I hope what ever you do works out for you.

Jennifer Lyn said...

I have had fun catching up on what is going on with you guys. You are in Utah aren't you? We should totally get together. Your girls are adorable! And don't worry about the pacifier. You are still a great mom! I never knew that this would be the hardest job that I ever had. Good luck!

Jennifer Lyn said...

P.S. We have joined the blogging world too. You can check us out at k-jecbelnap.blogspot.com