Monday, February 11, 2008

Novice Blogger

So, I've wanted to get this thing going for a while, but have been stumped as to what to post. I feel as if we are the most boring family out there, although we have a blast together. Right now we are contemplating a move to SLC. Neil doesn't think I should tell people because he doesn't want me getting my hopes up. Eh, we'll see. I feel I've put in my dues down in the heat. Now that school is no longer an issue, I guess it will all depend on what kind of offers we get. He is also nervous to get into ridiculous weather, as he calls it. My idea of ridiculous comes June-September when you can hardly breathe outside when the temperature is nearing 120 degrees. Blah! I think I would rather live in a "snow globe" as my mom calls it, for a couple months out of the year. My other issue here would have to be the old people. This is nothing personal to those of you with grandparents that they love. To be there is a discernable difference between the "old" and the "elderly". I live near Sun City, where retirees come to get out of the snow. Unfortunately, they believe it should be cut off from the rest of humanity, and get real crotchety when someone younger gets in their way (and it doens't take much to get in their way). I will never understand their grocery store behaviour. First of all, they always choose Saturday to do their shopping. They have the rest of the week to themselves, but choose to be a nuisance to those in a hurry of Saturday morning. They like to park their carts in the middle of the isle and are in no hurry to get back and move out of the way. And yet they love to tell me that what it is I am doing wrong, because my children are yelling and screaming to get out. The golf carts are funny also. They love to ride those things everywhere, chugging along at 20 mph, with a long line of cars behind them.
All right, I think I have rambled enough. I'll probably come back now and compose another long entry.

2 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Maggie the blog is looking great!! You are a natural. I hear ya about the weather its horrible here and the old people are a big pain in the beep beep. 80) Love your blog keep up the excellent work!!!

Katie said...

Ha! I hear you on not having anything to post! My life is busy but pretty boring when I think about blogging about it. I decided I would just write when something out of the ordinary happens.