Thursday, July 22, 2010

Oh what scissors can do!

We had quite an incident here yesterday. Most of you that read my post, already know that Isabel has already tried her hand at cutting hair. It made her mother so upset, I thought she had learned her lesson. Well, needless to say she did it again. (sigh) This time she went and hid in her friend's room and had so much fun with a pair of scissors. I will now attempt to tell the story the way I saw it as they came home to show off what they had done. In come three little girls, I go to see them at the door and notice that Isabel's hair has been chopped off. Of course, I gasp, and say "What happened?!?" A bit retorical, right? (By the way, if you want to see a cute "before" picture of these cute girls, please scroll down a few posts) They respond, "She did it, isn't it nice". "Doesn't it look good?" The two younger girls were so proud (until Isabel looked into the mirror) and happy of their accomplishment. My favorite response was when I asked the friend if their mother knew, she said "Yes, she said it was really cute!" Here is what "really cute" looks like:
Not sure if this next one is a yawn, or realizing how unhappy mom is about this.
But, here we have it, folks! A disaster turned into an okay moment. She didn't like it when she looked into the mirror at the salon, but we've found a way to make her adorable face match her adorable new haircut.


We've been trying out new bows and spikes all day. That is her favorite part; the spikes. Since she has really fine hair, the spikes, or gel, comes out easily, so we've been needing to reapply.
Thank you Sara and Kate for your beautiful bows and clips.
So my tearful moments have been subdued. As cute as this is, please don't let your little girls get the same idea! As well as this disaster has been averted, its not so much fun!







8 comments:

The Herberts said...

omg I would kill Rylyn.....she does look cute with the short hair though. Look at it this way its easy to do and you can always see her pretty face:-)

Lisa said...

Oh Maggie!!! I am so sorry! Darn those little girls. You've done a good job making her look cute with her new do. :)

Woodland Family said...

I LOVE IT!!! I know it upset you... but it is SO CUTE!

Alli Clayton said...

It's so cute! I can finally see her face!

Jennifer Lyn said...

That is my biggest nightmare that my kiddos will chop their hair. It did turn out cute though!

Jodi and Jason said...

so sorry Maggie! Good thing she is so pretty that it turned out cute!

Jenny said...

Maggie, boy do you have a lot on your hands. But, she still is adorable. Maybe she will be a hair dresser when she grows up. I had a cousin who did the same thing to us growing up, and she is now a hair dresser. It may get better! :)

Anonymous said...

I remember having a similar experience with my own daughter when she was young... That's girls for you..!!
Though she does look very pretty with short hair, it seems to suit her.