Thursday, April 2, 2009

Anyone Going to Keep Score?

Special Note: This was suppose to post on Neil's blog (Sharpreport.blogpspot.com) but I didn't realize I was logged in on this one. But since it already posted, Read at your own Risk.

I guess my title question is a little silly. With liberal/PC agendas being enforced all over America, of course no one will keep score, someone's feelings may get hurt. But I ask the question, at what point will Americans stop giving praise that "at least he aint dubbya" and start holding President Obama accountable for his actions?

I can make a firm pledge," he said in Dover, N.H., on Sept. 12. "Under my plan, no family making less than $250,000 a year will see any form of tax increase. Not your income tax, not your payroll tax, not your capital gains taxes, not any of your taxes.

...Drum roll please...

Now in office, Obama signed a law raising the tobacco tax nearly 62 cents on a pack of cigarettes, to $1.01. Other tobacco products saw similarly steep increases.

I wonder if there is a provision in this law that if you prove to the Circle K clerk that you make less than $250,000 a year, you will not pay this tax increase? Or is he just going to do his sideways finger point and tell us that this is a result of the previous administration?

Of course he also submitted his budget plan and you'll never guess what his chief is now saying. Middle Class tax cuts may not survive the Democrats on Capital Hill. You remember the "Tax cuts for 95% of Americans". But that can't be right it has to happen, he promised. And if you followed what he asked you to do during the last days of the campaign, YOU promised your neighbor also. So, I'm sure it's coming. Right? Oh, wait, I can see the it now "It's not my fault, I tried, but the Democrats...I mean...those evil Capitalists...I mean... those big meany Republicans that want to steal your money and give to the CEO's of banks, wouldn't let me cut your taxes." Of course with the patented Obama Finger Point.

By the way, at this point, I do think President Obama could qualify for bowling in the Special Olympics. It would be nice to see him and Bush in a 10 frame bowl off for the gold. (See President Obama appearance on "The Tonight Show" if you don't get this joke)

Quotes from the AP: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D979POSG0&show_article=1
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Economy/Story?id=7166810&page=1

No comments: