Sunday, November 16, 2008

No pictures, just venting

What do you do when the tv goes out? Honestly, I have no idea! We are quickly finding that out, due to our lovely week. First, our lamp for our big screen blew, and we are still waiting for the replacement part. (Never buy a Mitsubishi!!) So last week, we all watched one tv. Not so fun when you are outnumbered by little kids wanting to watch Dora and Max and Ruby for the fifteenth time. Neil was gone all last week at work, so I had little kids tv non stop. Next came the speakers on our computer (normally that wouldn't be a big deal, but I'll get to that in a minute). Yesterday, Isabel decided to dump the remote for our working tv into the bathtub. Remote is shot, and no way of replacing it because Dishnetwork does not sell remotes other than from their website. They say they do, but they lie. We tried. We also cannot bring the working tv to the working remote because of HD programming, long story. So we wait for the lamp or a remote. So, when it comes to to the time when I need a break with the help of the mindless children's programs, I could go to the internet, but my speakers are broke!! So I just needed a minute to scream. AAAHHHHH!!!! I know in church meetings, they ask you not to watch tv or other wordly things, but let's be realistic. My children will not sit and read scriptures the entire day, I cannot read scriptures all day long. Sundays are really long. At least Monday we can go to the library, or Christmas shopping or something.

5 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

I feel for you Maggie. I am sending positive thoughts your way! 80) Breathe in and out a few hundred times. It might help. Miss you guys!

Jennifer Lyn said...

I feel so bad! I would be way stressed without the t.v. Good luck as you try to get everything fixed!

Jennifer Lyn said...

P.S. I love your new background. Your girls are sooooo cute!

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Oh that stinks! I try not to let my kids watch too much tv, but on sundays there is nothing better than to just relax and watch movies! Hope you get everyhting figured out soon!

Malie said...

I hear you Maggie. There is only so much you can do on a Sunday sometimes.