Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Abby's preschooling


This year I started my own little preschool with only a couple other little kids from the neighborhood. Unfortunatly, Abby is the oldest by a few months, and when you are pre-kindergarten, months make a difference. Abby seems to be bored when I try to help the other little kids. She finishes her worksheets quickly, and just wants to play the rest of the time. This is something that made me laugh. Abby's favorite things to do is to play games on the computer and write letters to her grandparents and friends. When she writes her letters, there really isn't any semblance or order to any of the letters. Except or her name and "mom" and "dad". Yesterday I set up nickjr.com for her to play some games, and this was my result. She opened up a Dora game and decided to copy what she saw. She doesn't really know what she is writing, but I have to say, I was impressed. She hasn't figured out how to put spaces in between, and to either finish a word on the same line, or at least put a dash in between. If you'll notice, she has "backpack", "boots", "benny", and even "senor tucan". I guess I'm bragging a bit, but this is nothing I have done. This is all Abby's doing, she loves to copy things. She makes me laugh.

4 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

LOL So cute, you should brag, she's so smart!!! Go Abby GO!!!

Woodland Family said...

I am impressed!!! That is pretty great! Tell her that we are very impressed with her work!

Lisa said...

That is so cute!! She IS so smart - you are allowed to brag. :) Wish we lived closer - I wish Kirk were in preschool.

Jenna said...

That's great that she's so interested! She seems to really know her letters well. She'll be ready for kindergarten in no time!