Monday, September 22, 2008

Thought you might like to know...


If you have had the opportunity to see Abby in the past few months, she has probably told you our little "secret". She has been taking pride in telling people about the "baby in mommy's tummy". So, if I haven't told you personally, please don't take offense, I've kind of let Abby take over in that department. This morning we were able to check out the gender... and surprise!! What do you think it was? Here's a hint, Gardner's get girls, except for a couple bonuses on the side (ie. Phil and Jackson). So yes, we are having another little girl. It was a little disappointment, but I think we'll get over it. Girls are sweet, but I'm finding that they scream.....a lot. I just hope this one will turn out more like Abby when it comes to bed time. I also wish I could add images where I want them. I always have trouble with that. I could post "proof" of the gender, and also a pic of her face, but those are a little creepy to me. Especially the face shots. They look so alien. I thought this was cute, though. You can see her
fingers! When I set up the appointment, I asked if I needed to have a full bladder, and the lady just laughed at me. In Surprise, I'm used to a whole painful ultrasound process, where I have to have a full bladder, and they get to push on it while checking out the baby. I'm glad they have
better equipment up here. We will now be accepting name suggestions if any of you have some to add, please share. I'm out of ideas. Also, if you don't mind, if you could send your condolences to Neil. We were all sort of hoping for a boy, but even though we love our girls, we may very possibly be done, so that would mean no boys for Neil. It is a sad day for him. Abby, too. We walked out of the office and we showed her the pictures, and told her she was going to have another sister. She pouted and said, "but I wanted a brother"! It will all be worth it when the baby comes.

17 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!! YAY!! Do you have any names picked out yet? I mean other than Neil Jr.?

Katie said...

How exciting! When are you due? My guess is February? Congratulations!

Dad said...

Another Girl!!!! Well, you're keeping up with the Gardner tradition, anyway. Although, I hate to break the news . . . but it's the male that determines the sex of the child . . . Y chromosones must be getting in short supply!! But that's great . . . we'll start thinking up names for you so you can watch Neil's eyes roll!!

Neil Sharp said...

Just so everyone knows, I'm not as disappointed as it sounds. I have selfish reasons for wanting a boy (namely I wanted to have an excuse to play with GIJoes again and make truck noises on the floor) but I love my girls more than I could ever express and I know the same will be true about our new little angel. I'm actually feel really blessed and humbled that the Lord has enough confidence in me to expect me to help raise another future mother, probably the greatest task ever asked of men. Boys might be fun, but girls (even as emotional as they are) truely are God's greatest blessing a man could ever hope for.

I think it's really time to start the gun collection.

Downhill Mike said...

Congrats! No complaints from this grandpa. We love all our grandchildren, and the girls are always special. Just a little ironic since the Sharps and Turleys (Neil's side) have ususally had more boys than girls. Of course, you could always follow Uncle Bruce who is 3 and 1! Love you guys!

Twisted Sweeties said...

To Jessica-I think it would be more like Neiliyah. Maybe Mandy can pass along spelling. Baby due March 6. And about the male determining sex-as he puts it, he has as much say as myself. And I never meant that Neil is upset, just sad that he can't play GI Joes. He'll just have to teach the girls to throw a football. Mike, I don't know that we will get to four.

cabeandmelplus3 said...

Congrats!! That is so exciting! I kinda thought when you came over that you were prego I could just tell! But I didn't want to say anything! I'm so excited for you! Hope you are feeling good and the pregnancy is going great! Talk soon.

The Bluths said...

Hey congrats! Lets see, names...Lydia, Lily, my sister just named their girl Kyla; a mixture of Kylie and Lyla. Huh, all these names have Y's in them. So my other niece's are named Natalie, Audrey, and Katie. Do you guys have any top picks?

Erin said...

CONGRATULATIONS! We sure miss you guys! Hope all is well in Utah! Send me an email again and I'll send you our blog address! :)

Lisa said...

Congrats congrats congrats! I'm so excited for you!!! :) And tell Neil I'm sorry - but you guys can borrow Kirk whenever you need to be reminded that boys are just as much trouble. :) And names. . . well, I love the names Emily and Emma. Paul hates them. Good luck and call me sometime!

Malie said...

Congratulations!!! Wow, how fun. You could be brave and be like the gardners and keep going. Or Neil could just settle on calling her Jr. Just kidding. Congratulations again on having another baby!

Crazed said...

No Condolences here! Yay for girls!!! You will love that they will grow up close together and share all the stuff that girls do. They will be such a support for each other and that will really help in the parenting department! Trust me it is nice that they can talk to each other about stuff. You can have a boy last... I love it that way!

Ty and Em said...

OH MY GOSH! Congratulations, Maggs! I am super happy for you!

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Congratulations you guys! We were surprised to find out what you were having because we didn't know you were pregnant! Should've had Abby call us :) Those 3 girls are going to be best friends for life. Another girl cousin for Maddie yay! We love you guys can't wait to see you.

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

P.S. Can you email me your address and I'll send you your adorable baby girl shoes back in the mail.

Brent n Lori Turley said...

We are so HAPPY for you guys! We hope you guys are liking it up there in Utah. I was so nice reading your blog and keeping up with you and your girls!

Jenna said...

Congrats Maggie!! That is so exciting! You do have adorable girls, you make them well!