Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Transitioning



Okay, so this picture has little to do with what my post is about, but I hate putting up posts without a picture. This is how Abby transitioned into a bed after crib. Of course, this was still about a year later, but this is still what she did. My problem now of course, is with my sweet and adorable Isabel. I am having a hard time seeing her as such right now. She has figured out that she no longer wants to sleep in a crib. She was climbing out non stop until I finally let her sleep in our foam princess couch, where she would actually sleep. Then the problem came to her getting to sleep, but not staying asleep. During the night, she would, and still does turn on all the lights, and then come and get me wanting to stay up. We then got some bunk beds for the girls. We were originally going to keep them separate, but decided in the end to keep them together. We still have Abby's toddler bed, so we put that in Isabel's room, and the bunks in Abby's. This is where I need help. No matter what, I cannont keep Isabel in any room to sleep. What do I do? I'm frustrated and tired. I can't get Isabel to sleep before 10:00 but it is normally 10:30. Keep in mind that I am normally pretty strict on my bed times. We are finally getting to where the sun will go down near 8:30 now, so much better than when we got here and it wasn't going down until 9:30 or later! So, any tricks that you moms have for getting your children to sleep? And staying to sleep. I know my blog has been so incredibly boring, and now all I have is a rant.

5 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

Time and patience and persevearance. This too shall pass. In 10 years this story will be funny. 80) LOL Love you girl!!

The Bluths said...

Just try the Super Nanny technique.

Dad said...

The way I see it . . . you have two options. The first involves the use of a straight jacket and listening to Isabel scream for an hour or so. The second is the one that Grandma Margaret used to use . . . read lots of stories. The only problem with the second option is that you tend to go to sleep before the child. Of course, that's no all bad. The bottom line is that our children are who they are. We don't have a lot of control as to what type of spirit they come with. But they're all fun, in their own special way. Not all children come out as nice as Maggie did . . . whose mischievous streak was smaller than most.

Lisa said...

I had the same problem with Kirk, but for the life of me I can't remember how we solved it. I'll try and remember and call you later

Jenna said...

Hey Maggie, I was going through the same thing with Cyrena. The novelty of getting out of bed finally wore off, but now she gets up earlier in the morning than she used to. So, she's going to bed fine and staying there all night, but is just getting up earlier. But I tell you, I was at a total lost, like how you're feeling. Luckily it finally got better, but it seriously took about a month. A month, stinky I know.