Monday, March 8, 2010

Confessions of a Mediocre Mother

For the fun of it, I want to try something new. I'm finding myself getting more and more frustrated by my lack of patience, housekeeping skills, organization, procrastination, and the list goes on. I'm hoping that by blogging about my shortcomings, I will be more motivated to be better at all of these. I'd like to come off as joking, whereas the things I plan on blogging about are true, they are meant for laughter, and hopefully I won't feel so alone.
Confession number one....I would rather step over things numerous times than pick it up and put it where it belongs. I try to clean my shower at least once a week. Neil and I both shower about once a day. Today while cleaning, I decided it was probably time to throw away the three or four empty shampoo/conditioner/body wash bottles that were being pushed to the side. Yes, we stepped over them day after day. Yes, I've even moved them to the side to clean, but did not throw them away. This is why I am confessing. I'm sure most of you are not as horrible at these things as I am, but maybe you can find some comfort in knowing the things that go on in my home.
I think being honest with myself will help me to be better, however, please beware if you do come over, we may have toys on the floor, dishes in the sink, and fingerprints on the windows. On the other hand, even if I don't like to clean, I do love to bake. I keep telling myself that this point can make up for any of the things that don't happen.
So, this is my goal, to find a common friend to help in keeping up with the small things.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

You are so cute! And what a great idea! I definitely know where you come from in knowing the areas I want to improve. May I suggest that so you don't get too down on yourself that you also add to each blog something that you do do well and a secret you have to get it done maybe? Just a thought! I think you are an amazing woman and awesome mom! Your girls are adorable!

Jesmyluk said...

You are not alone Maggie. I too have to go in & collect empty shampoo & conditioner bottles. My problem is that I am just too tired to be bothered with it till it gets to the point where I can't stand it anymore.

Plus, my bathroom trash can is very small but those bottles are very big! LOL

Keep up the good intentions...and you definitely get extra points for all the yummy baking!

You are awesome!

Ty and Em said...

Whatevuh! You're more than mediocre! My house is messy, too. My mascara rarely makes it on before Ty gets home. My closet has been a wreck for months. But the kids are loved. That all that matters at this juncture in our lives. At least, that's what I think. Maybe that's my excuse to procrastinate the other stuff.

Jodi and Jason said...

no worries Maggie, you are not alone! My HUGE down fall is laundry, it just piles up after it comes out of the dryer! blah! :P lol and I do have plenty of empty bottles in the shower too!

Jenny said...

Maggie, you are so funny! You just described the way I feel. I do the same thing day in and day out, and get frustrated. But, don't seem to fix it! I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one! Just know you're not alone, there are many of us that need to improve, but in reality it will need to be one step at a time as we tackle our busy days!

wittygal said...

I can't beleive you step over things! That is unbeleivable to me, "I kick them". That way they at least moved a little. As far as empty bottles in the shower go, just throw them over the top when they are empty. There's more room on the bathroom floor.
Can't wait to hear more!