Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Who's child is this anyway?!?!


Neil and I have always determined which child belonged to which parent. Abby has always had somewhat of Neil's personality and a lot of his features, Isabel has always been mine. Now, I don't know if I want to admit that I was that awful for my parents. She has definately hit two, and has hit it hard. She has not limited herself to this, but her favorite thing to do is to get into the pantry and dump out the flour. If she has time, she will try to mix the flour and the sugar. Yes, the pantry is being rearranged, with those things closer to the top. Her other favorite things, as grandmothers will attest, is to pull keys off the computer keyboard, and pour out whatever liquid or gel she can get her hands on. This includes, but again not limited to, shampoo, lotion, diaper cream, syrup, egg dyes, etc.

I'm sure the picture below is one that my mom is very familiar with. I'm finally realizing that I was that awful for my parents. I am also realizing that I am losing my patience with the number two. So, if anyone has any "2" stories they would like to share, please do. Maybe I can award the winner with a candy bar and a coke. Anyway, I need to get back and clean up another possible mess.





10 comments:

Jesmyluk said...

McKenna did the same kind of stuff. But my favorite was when she decided that it would be fun to put almost an entire tube of Desitin in her hair.

FYI (the hard way) after 20 shampoos with adult shampoo all it took out was the white color. Her hair could still stand up straight when I ran my fingers through it.

3 days and 30 washings of adult shampoo and one washing of powder Tide and then another adult shampoo washing to make sure I got the Tide out and we finally got the Desitin out but it was months before I could wash her hair again without her screaming about it.

"This too shall pass" or "that which does not kill you makes you stronger" all boils down to "you are not alone". 80)

Neil Sharp said...

I love the triumpant smiles you both have on your face.

Jenna said...

Oh that is so classic. I love that you have a similar picture!! At least you can laugh about it and know she definitely has a zest for life!

The Bluths said...

I bet your mom just finds this all too funny.

grandma nina said...

this is tooo funny. The pics look almost alike. Both of you have the same look and are doing the same thing. I know that I've told you that I found my car keys at the bottom of the flour. How can you not just laugh at this? I realize that it may take some time. My favorite was today when Mia was doing something challenging. Sonya says that "I remember another one of Mom's children acted like this, Alli." If I could I would post Alli being showing her colors, being a clown at Phil's soccer games. Look how fun Alli is now and so creative.

Crazed said...

I have plenty terrible two stories! You were with me for some of them I'm sure. I have been super blessed because most of my stories revolve around one of my four children. Mia has been two for a long time, she is officially six now... but I would still not consider her a graduate from the terrible twos. She is more on the violent side rather than the messy side.. but she has still had her fair share of messes. I love the karma in life... but that means that my girls in high school will be super challenging!

Malie said...

In the first week of moving into our house in Surprise, Micah managed to get on top of the fridge, dump jerk sauce on my brand new carpet (thank goodness for steam vacs), and microwave my sunglasses. And that's just Micah. Kara used to dump rice into the flour, and I wouldn't know until I baked something. Haha. It will be okay, you will survive. Serenity now. LOL

Lisa said...

Cute cute! :) Sorry that 2 year olds are like that. It was so fun to hang out with you guys!

Brooke said...

Wow life is crazy sometimes!! Good thing she is so cute!! I think the 2nd child is the mischievous one - at least that's how it is in my house!! I hope you guys are enjoying Utah, we miss ya!

Ty and Em said...

Haha! Typical Gardner blood. I LOVE it.